10 Untold Truths About McDonald’s Monopoly
➡️ Subscribe to BabbleTop:
McDonald’s Monopoly is a collaboration between the fast food giant and Hasbro, the creator of the board game Monopoly. The gameplay is fairly simple. You get game pieces when you buy certain items on the menu. The pieces represent property on the board. You collect the tokens, color-match the properties, and win a huge prize. See? Simple. Well, not exactly. There’s a reason McDonald’s Restaurants patrons haven’t all turned into millionaires overnight. There’s always a catch. So let’s roll the dice and check out these 10 untold truths about McDonald’s Monopoly.
If you enjoyed this list of 10 untold truths about McDonald’s Monopoly, then comment: #McDonalds #FastFood #Monopoly
0:35 The Myth of Park Place
1:49 So Many Game Pieces
3:06 Not All Pieces Are Created The Same
4:32 Fraud and McDonald’s Monopoly
5:44 No Purchase Necessary
6:44 Monopoly’s Marketing Success
7:57 You Won’t Become a Millionaire
9:08 The Average Joe Doesn’t Win Much
10:22 There’s a McDonald’s Monopoly Movie Coming Soon
11:28 Playing McDonald’s Monopoly Online
– As you can expect not all single tokens are winners. Some need to be combined together in groups before you can claim your prize. Naturally the more pieces you need for a certain puzzle, the less value each piece has for the players.
– For a game played everywhere from Canada to South Africa and from New Zealand to Germany and with such huge cash prizes, you’d wonder how come the number of millionaires in the world isn’t doubling every few days.
– You know the saying, all men are equal in the eyes of the law but some are more equal than others? Granted, it’s steeped in cynicism, but it applies perfectly to the game of McDonald’s Monopoly.
– With the odds of winning the big prizes stacked so high, not everyone plays fair. In fact, the history of the game is marred with fraud. The fraud didn’t involve McDonald’s or its employees though.
– While some people try to rig the game in their favor, others resort to some unusual ways to get their hands on the precious pieces. Now you might think that your only way of getting a token is if you bought a menu item that rewards you with a game piece.
– Even though the million dollar prize remains as elusive as ever, there are other prizes which are still quite valuable. And people win all the time. So why does McDonald’s keep rolling out the game year after year? Surely they must be losing money by now, having to give away all those cash prizes, ATVs, and Xbox sets. What do they get in return? Well, for one thing, they get a lot of publicity.
– This one might come as a shock to you so you’d better be sitting down while you’re watching this. Even if the stars aligned and you finally got so lucky that you landed that elusive piece and won the top prize, you still won’t become a millionaire. McDonald’s won’t pay you $1,000,000 dollars in cash.
– Every one of us thinks they are special. We’re either smarter than people around us, more gifted, have special talents, or we’re just luckier. Yes, we all believe Lady Luck favors us with her winning smile more than anyone else. It’s an illusion, but we take comfort in believing that.
– Because of the sensational nature of the fraud case and the years it had gone undetected, the story got the attention of Hollywood. There’s talk that Matt Damon and Ben Affleck would star in a movie adaptation of this heist.
– There’s another form for the traditional McDonald’s Monopoly game that you can play online. It was introduced back in 2005 and has had huge success. The rules for the game are different depending on your location. But generally speaking you use a code instead of a physical game piece and you’re allowed to enter 10 codes every 24 hours.
JOIN and become a BabbleTop member!
SUBSCRIBE to our channel!
10 Cancelled Mcdonald’s Items That People Still Talk About
Top 10 Saddest McDonald’s Happy Meal Toys Ever
10 McDonald’s Items That Would Make America Great Again
Top 10 Discontinued Food Items We Miss
Top 10 Untold Truths of the Heart Attack Grill
10 Coca-Cola Drinks That Embarrassed The Company
10 Secrets You Didn’t Know About Costco Food Court
Check out our Most Popular Videos!
All clips used for fair use commentary, criticism, and educational purposes. See Hosseinzadeh v. Klein, 276 F.Supp.3d 34 (S.D.N.Y. 2017); Equals Three, LLC v. Jukin Media, Inc., 139 F. Supp. 3d 1094 (C.D. Cal. 2015).